Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Swimming Lessons

Wyatt & Hazel started swimming lessons last week and I am very happy to report that it has been a success!

I was very nervous that they were going to be a disaster.

Wyatt fell in the deep end of the pool during his last round of swimming lessons at the Y.  A life guard jumped in and got him and he was too terrified to get into the water the rest of the session.

Living so close to water, being a good swimmer is a must at our house!

We decided to try a new place, Little Waves Swim School in Omaha.  The pool is warmer, the class sizes are smaller, and all the teachers are qualified adults.

I really didn't want to do the toddler/parent class with Hazel so I had to convince them that she would be able to follow instructions without me in the water with her.  Was I lying out of my ass when I assured them she could do this?  Absolutely!

Now you see why I was nervous....

Before our first class, I did lots of prep work - telling Wyatt how fun it was going to be, preaching to Hazel how important it is to follow the rules, and bribing them with ice cream afterwards if everything went smoothly.

Thank the Lord, they love it!  We got super lucky and they are each one on one with a teacher.  Hazel behaves herself and Wyatt is being pretty darn brave.  So proud of my littles ;)


Ice Cream after their first class!
Anxiously waiting their turn
Clay wants in on that action!


No comments: