Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2nd Annual Buddy Run

Saturday was the 2nd Annual Buddy Run to raise money for Down syndrome awareness.  

I ran the 5k and Luke, Wyatt, Hazel, and Clay were on duty at a cheering station near the finish line.  

Hazel brought her pom-poms, Wyatt gave out a LOT of high fives, and Clay waved as promised!


I loved running for Clay and really pushed myself to a new personal record (7:50 miles!).  

Clay has worked so hard to meet all of his milestones and does it with such determination.  

I was lucky enough to be born with healthy muscles and I do not want to ever take that for granted.


I even got a medal for getting 1st place in my age group!  

This is what Hazel thinks of my achievement ;) 


2 comments:

Brandi Schaefer said...

Holy cow on your time!!! Wow, girlfriend - that's a time to be super proud of!!

Brandi Schaefer said...

Holy cow on your time!!! Wow, girlfriend - that's a time to be super proud of!!