Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Nashville

 Luke and I escaped to Nashville to celebrate our 5th anniversary (a few weeks late).  We have managed to escape somewhere every year for our anniversary.  This is a tradition I definitely hope to continue!

Why Nashville?  I don't really know!  We only had about 4 days so we wanted somewhere close enough that we wouldn't lose a whole day traveling and I had never been to Nashville.  Luke has apparently been there twice, but I learned this information AFTER I booked our trip and was under the impression he had never been there either.  That is another story.

We like music, we like beer, we like food - Nashville sounded perfect.

...and it was.  We stayed downtown and there was a great mix of bars, restaurants, and Nashville history all within walking distance from our hotel.  I even managed to get a nap in everyday!

One regret - I took like 5 pictures...and none of me & Luke together!?  Apparently, I need our littles as my photo subjects to bring out the paparazzi in me.


I was very excited for an excuse to wear the cowboy boots I bought at a flea market in New York, when I lived there!

The Grand Ole Opry Hotel was CRA-ZEE!

Enjoying the show at the Grand Ole Opry

Touring the Ryman Auditorium, the original Grand Ole Opry

Our trip home was LONG, due to lay overs and bad weather delays BUT thanks to the iPad bar at the Minneapolis airport we survived ;)


Aunt Molly & my mom stayed with the kids again this year - big thanks to both of them!!!  

This is what happened when Molly had to leave.




No comments: