Friday, May 23, 2014

Childhood is not a race...

We had Clay's IFSP meeting yesterday, where we discussed all of his goals for the next 6 months with his speech, physical, and occupational therapists. 

I am so proud of all the goals he has met and continues to work on. 

One of the most important things Clay has taught me is that childhood is not a race. 
You can never get these moments back so it is okay to slow down, enjoy now, and not rush the future.

Some days, like all moms, I feel so overwhelmed with it all.
 Learning colors, how to ride a bike, read, write your name, etc. and I need to just remember it will all come with time and one day I will look back and wish we were back to the time before they knew these things. 
Clay definitely does things at HIS OWN PACE, and that has taught me so much. 
THIS IS HIS JOURNEY and I am just here to guide to him in the right direction....and that applies to so many aspects of parenting!





No comments: