Thursday, December 19, 2013

Clay Turns TWO!!!


It is so crazy to think this moment happened two years ago (well, 2 years and 2 weeks ago now).  
I remember it like it was yesterday and I am pretty sure I always will.  

Everything with Clay, up until his delivery had been such a roller coaster ride.  Finding out he had Down syndrome, knowing he would need heart surgery, the 1 million appointments to monitor his health in utero, not knowing how his broken heart would handle delivery.  It was almost more than this mama could handle....and then came the big moment.

I had cried countless tears thinking that I would not get that moment.  That moment I had had with Wyatt and Hazel and so taken for granted.  To hold your new baby, check each other out, and know from that moment on you were in this thing together.

The NICU team was waiting to whisk Clay away if he came out in distress but he showed everyone how strong he was from the moment he took his first breath.  He knew I needed him at that very moment just as much as he needed me.

He was perfect.

Tears of JOY as I held my precious boy.
The moment Clay and I locked eyes, it was all okay.  His beautiful little face said so much in those first moments - "I am sorry I gave you so much grief, mom.  I am here now.  I am okay.  We are okay."  ...and was right, we were okay.  This crazy life of ours just got a whole lot better because he was now a part of it.



Okay, enough of the teary trip down memory lane.  It is party time!!!!!  

Clay loved his car themed party and enjoyed being pushed all over the shop in one of his 500 ride on toys by all his party guests.  He showed off walking with his fancy walker and had quite a lot to say throughout his party....including screaming from the moment he spotted the cake until the moment it was in his mouth.

He did not have a lot of interest in opening his presents but Wyatt and Hazel were quick to step in.  He did love his cards and insisted they be read to him like a book.....over and over....and over.





Aunt Jill and Clay
Giving Grandma Nancy the "hairy eyeball"
Lily and Grandma Chris


Clay's first motorcycle!

Most fascinating card EVER!


Hazel, always the party girl
Cousin Abby and Clay ;) 

Grandma and the grand kids
The Turpen crew!
Checking out Papa.  He must have a funny face!?


Someone give this boy some cake!!!!!!






So glad grandma and papa could make it from Sioux City!
I love this picture of all the grandparents!


We love you to pieces Clay and cannot wait to see you grow, explore, and enjoy being TWO!!!!























No comments: