Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Last Day of Summer Road Trip

So, remember a few days ago when I was crying (in my wine) over Wyatt starting "full-time" preschool???  Well, I am kinda over that.

....and, a little bit of that may have been the wine talking.

Oh my Wyatt, how I love him so.  He is smart, funny, kind....the list goes on and on - BUT - the kid has to be entertained 24/7!!!  No toy we own (and we own them all) is fun unless MOM is playing with it.  Books are boring unless mom is reading them, legos are a pile of nothingness unless mom helps build a tower, action figures have no destiny unless mom gives them life, even the iPad is not much fun unless mom is playing, too (I mean seriously!!!!).  Sometimes Hazel will fill this void for maybe 5 minutes but then it is mom or nothing.  I have been told by friends that this is an oldest child thing???  I don't know, but thank God Hazel & Clay are a little more self entertained....for like 20 minutes.

This constant need to be entertained has run it's course for this summer.  Preschool here we come!!!!

Wyatt loves a schedule.  I love a schedule.  Things will be good.

Today was our last day of summer so we took a trip to the Lincoln Zoo to really live it up.  We all had a great time!







Clay REALLY wanted to touch that butterfly!

Best big brother!

Bearded Dragon! 
Wyatt wasn't so sure about that turtle!





No comments: