Monday, August 5, 2013

Clay is a signing machine!!!!


As you can see, Clay was lovin' on my nachos and not very happy that I was making him sign for "more".  Mean mama.  I am just SOOO proud of him!  Look at that perfect form ;)

 You sign "more" by touching your finger tips together like this.

...and the mean mama took a video, too.


I was attempting to take a new video; one where he wasn't so mad at me.   Clay does a quick "more" in the beginning of this next video but then really shows off!  He signs AND says "all done"!  

You sign "all done" or "finished" by shaking or swiping your hands back and forth, as if you are brushing everything away.




Clay also signs "milk".  I haven't caught this one on video yet but I will!  
He will sign milk when we say the word or when we tell him it is time to get ready for bed because he knows he gets milk at bedtime; smartest boy ;) 

You sign "milk" by squeezing your hand together several times like you are milking a cow.

I am so happy for Clay to be able to communicate with us.  
This makes him (and me) less frustrated.  
He definitely knows what he wants, and signing will help him let ME know what he wants.

I also recently made a snack chart for Clay.  
He can pick which snack he would like by pointing to the picture.  
I can't take credit for this.  My friend Sherri did this for her daughter and I thought it was so cool!  I saw it a long time ago, before Clay was even born but I stored it in the "don't forget this" part of my brain and never forgot it.  


I made the chart in addition to the big kid's new "get it yourself" snack drawer.  They are happy.  I am happy.  Everyone wins!  



Yay for a little, new found independence for all the kids! 




No comments: