Sunday, August 4, 2013

A weekend at HOME!!!

This last week flew by and I felt like I barely sat down to catch my breath.  

Granted, my "crazy weeks" are usually somewhat self inflicted by my constant need to do something, anything to get out of this house....but that is beside the point.  

Wyatt starts FOUR DAY A WEEK preschool in less than 2 weeks and I am literally crying about it. 

First off, I was just fine with sending him back to our church preschool that only consisted of two, 2 and 1/2 hour days.  Luke, wanted him to go to Valley.  I don't lose a lot of fights - but I lost this one.  I think partially because in the back of my head I kinda agreed with him.  This is where he will attend Kindergarten next year (don't even get me started on that!)....and with a lot of the same kids....so it is "probably" a good transition to the real deal.  

Second, he has to be there at 8 AM!  Do we sleep in until past 8?  No.  BUT there are lots of days when at least one of the kids didn't sleep well, or skipped nap the day before, and does sleep in.  Getting all three loaded up and in the car by 7:45, FOUR days a week is giving me major anxiety already.  

Third, he gets done at 11:15 - but - by the time we get home and eat lunch, it will be time for Clay and Hazel to take their MUCH NEEDED naps.  Wyatt rarely naps anymore but the little ones are monsters with no nap.  Believe me, I have tried to skip them a few times this summer when something more fun was on the agenda and it wasn't pretty.  This means no walks around the lake with my triple stroller in the mornings, no trips to the zoo or children's museum, no story times  - well, except for on Fridays - or without Wyatt - but that makes me SOOOO sad!

Lugging my 3 littles around town may be slightly crazy and very exhausting but it is what we do!  I am sure this new chapter of our lives will seem like the norm eventually but until then, I am kinda freaking out!

So we spent the week trying to squeeze in as much as we could - mostly fun, and a few not so fun.

A cracked windshield, Clay's therapy, a play date at the park, a trip to the zoo with grandma Nancy and aunt Jill, a visit from grandma Sue, a bike riding adventure, and swimming lessons...








After all that running around this week, it was nice to actually have a weekend at HOME!

We stayed home all day Saturday and only left home to pick up a pizza in Valley. It was perfect.

Periodically I need to be reminded to slow down, relax, and enjoy the moment.  Smores around the fire pit and movie snuggles were just what we all needed.

Unfortunately, no one slept good on Saturday night.  Why?  Who knows!?  Because we have 3 kids under the age of 4!?  I am actually pretty impressed with how much sleep we do normally get!  Hazel kept waking up crying and wanted daddy to sleep with her.  Wyatt has a cough that gets worse at night and it kept waking him up....and Clay decided he was up and ready for a new day at 5:30 AM.  Killer.

We had planned to go to church but decided to indulge in some morning cartoons instead.  We did venture out for donuts and a grocery store run.  I had a LARGE coffee with a double shot and managed to enjoy the rest of the day, making new adventures in Janke land.

Hazel found a lizard with a PURPLE tail - she was in love


Professional toad catcher
Catching toads ALL. DAY. LONG






Practicing skipping rocks
Clay is my favorite accessory ;)


Hoping for a good night's sleep tonight! 

Goodnight sweet princesses

No comments: