Monday, July 8, 2013

Heart Heroes!

Okay, so I know I am SOOOO behind!  I intend to get caught up; it is just so overwhelming now!

....before I catch you up on all the latest Janke happenings, I wanted to share this awesome story.

Remember the Heart Hero cape Clay received!?  (you can read about it here)  The organization that makes the capes was featured on the NBC nightly news tonight!

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

The doctor interviewed, Dr. Hammel, is our hero who fixed Clay's heart!

Honestly, the whole thing seems so surreal now.

I can't believe we made it through handing over our very fragile 6 week old baby for open heart surgery.  I think I was sort of in a bubble of shock, exhaustion, and fear.

Somehow that bubble helped protect me from really losing it.  God works in mysterious ways ;)









Now, to play catch up.......

No comments: