Saturday, July 27, 2013

A trip "Home"

I took the kids to Sioux City for a few days to celebrate my dad's birthday.

We had so much fun playing with grandma & papa and exploring nearby parks.  I got my normal dose of amazing Sioux City food - Coney Island hot dogs....twice...and sunshine donuts.

I still call my parent's house in Sioux City "home".  To me this is where I grew up, where my family is, where so many memories are stored.  Obviously I love the house that Luke and I have created together for our family, but as long as my parent's have this house it will always have a special place in my heart.



There is something so special about watching your parents love on your children.  


Slide races
Wyatt & Hazel exploring grandma & papa's backyard
Yay!  So excited to be with gma & gpa!
Wyatt picked out this "rusty" flower for papa's yard all by himself.





No comments: