Thursday, May 2, 2013

Smart Cookie

Okay, so I have to admit.  When Hazel was born I really didn't think that she would be - could be - as smart as Wyatt.  

Wyatt is just smart - book smart.  He knew all his ABC's, colors, and numbers at like 2 with not a lot of teaching on my part.  He has a memory like an elephant (yes, elephants have good memories.  I even googled it to make sure.)  He has always loved books and learning.  

Hazel is free spirit.  She likes books now but didn't get in to them until later.  She prefers to play, create, destroy...

But I was wrong.  She is SO smart.  Manipulative, conniving smart....and she is pretty.  That makes for a deadly combination!

Here is one example -

Last night Grandma Nancy brought over May Day baskets for the kids.  

There were treats in them and the kids had not had dinner yet.  

Of course Wyatt wanted to eat all the treats, so I told him he could pick out 4 because he is 4 years old.  

Hazel comes over from across the room and says "Me 6 so I get 6 treats!"

It is hard to argue with kind of thinking...and I would like to think she get those brains from her mama!




No comments: