Tuesday, September 24, 2013

We LOVE New York!

After the walk, it was vacation time!  We headed upstate to the Catskills area (Boiceville to be exact) to see Nickie and Morgan's new weekend cabin.  The place is AH-MAY-ZING.  Beautiful house, adorable towns, breathtaking views.  You could sightsee for days.


Clay made himself right at home and was all smiles exploring his vacation digs.




Nickie, Clay, and I did a little morning exploring down by the creek that is just a short walk from their house.





The famous Woodstock, NY is only about a 20 minute drive.  It is exactly what I expected.  Tie-dye, guitar players, cute shops, and a lot of dudes with long hair.





A late September weekend trip upstate would not be complete without a stop at the local farmer's market.  They had homemade breads that were to DIE FOR!



A little smore time around the campfire.



The Askohan Reservior was some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.  There is an old bridge that is now a 6 mile walking/biking/running trail.  I would give my right arm to get to see these sights on my running path!



Some more pics as we loaded up the car to head back to the city and get dropped off at the airport.  Clay and I missed Luke, Wyatt, and Hazel but were sad to have to go.  Good times always go by too fast.




A huge thank you to my dad, Nickie, and Morgan for making this such a memorable weekend.  We are SO blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive family.  We love you to pieces and can't wait for our next family vaca in Vegas baby! 

No comments: