Monday, April 22, 2013

Half Marathon - check!

On Sunday I ran my first half marathon, The Gambler Half.  It was such an amazing experience...but I am so glad it is over!

I started running last year around this time, in preparation for the 1st annual Buddy Run 5K (see post here) and for some reason me and running just clicked.  

I like the mind clearing, adrenaline earning, me time.

The weather was not so cooperative for training for a spring race but luckily I had a few running buddies to help me through the 15 degree Saturday morning runs!  Thanks, Hilary and Kendra!

My goal was to finish in 2 hours or less and I beat my time by almost 6 minutes.  That is a long time in the running world!

The weather turned out to be not so bad the morning of the race and I enjoyed a few nice celebratory beers afterwards! 



My friend Kelina ran the 5K part of the same race!





1 comment:

Brandi Schaefer said...

Way to go! That time was amazing! You should be extremely proud of yourself momma!