Monday, February 11, 2013

TGI Friday..and Saturday...and Sunday

I love the weekends.

For me they don't mean sleeping in late, working on home projects, or getting to watch Lifetime movies BUT they do mean daddy time!!!!!

The kids get to rough house and watch movies with dad while I get a break, we get to go out and do things together with daddy - two adults to three kids, this usually means I am less exhausted after an outing, and many weekends (including this one!!!) I get to go out with my husband!!!!  I love going out on the town with Luke.  It brings us back to those early days when it was just us and that was all we carried about.  These weekend "dates" often end with me nursing a hangover the next day but the chance to put on my sexy jeans, wear jewelry, and talk to Luke about something other than sippy cups and poopy diapers makes it totally worth it to me!  Do I feel guilty about that?  Not one bit.



Daddy time this weekend was especially awesome because Luke was out of town most of last week.

What is the expression?  Absence makes the heart grow fonder???  Well in my case, absence makes the nagging wife grow nicer.  I am totally guilty of feeling like I do everything sometimes.  Usually, it isn't even Luke's fault.  The kids WANT me to do EVERYTHING.  In their world, dad plays and mom takes care of business - meals, naps, getting dressed, buckling them in the car, helping potty....you get the picture.

Hazel sleeping in Daddy's spot while we was gone

Well, having Luke gone made me realize having "play daddy" is totally different than having NO DADDY!

First off, Luke cooks and damn well.  I ate a lot of PB&J while he was gone.

Second, adult conversation is not something to take for granted.  Either is having another person to answer one of Wyatt's 10,000 daily questions.

Third, Luke DOES help A LOT - he gives them a bath, he reads them stories, he plays Simon Says for an hour and successfully wears them out.

And last but certainly not least, he pours me a glass of wine at the end of the night and reassures me that I am doing a good job.

Eating dinner while watching Peter Pan because mom needed some quiet time!

No comments: