Thursday, May 24, 2012

NYC Getaway!

Clay and I went to New York to visit Nickie and Morgan this past weekend and had a WONDERFUL time!  The Visdemans (Visconti + Tiedeman...get it!?!?) live in Greenpoint, a hip neighborhood in Brooklyn.  Their place is AMA-zing and we enjoyed meeting their neighbors and checking out the local shops and eateries.  I enjoyed going back to Williamsburg, my old 'hood, and seeing how things have changed.  The hipsters are multiplying; there were babies everywhere!

I was even able to get in a little work out time and accompanied Nickie to her, celebrity favorite, spinning class called SoulCycle.  It was insane!  Picture doing push ups on the bike, to hip hop music, while cycling, in a hot, dark room and a very passionate, flamboyant man yelling "harder bitches!".  Needless to say, I loved it!

My year of living in New York did not make me immune to celebrity sighting so I was thrilled to see the HBO series "Girls" filming right in front of their place!

Clay was a fabulous travel buddy and loved getting lots of mama, aunt Nickie, and uncle Morgan attention ;-)





No comments: