Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wyatt's 4th Birthday Party(s)

How could this most wonderful moment in my life possibly have happened FOUR years ago!!??  It has been a crazy and wild ride ever since.  I can't imagine my life without the snuggles, hand holding, hilarious moments, 20 million questions asked, bedtime stories, and memories made.  Just like that, your life is forever better.

2-20-09

The festivities began the weekend before we left for San Diego when Molly came to see us!  Luke had been bugging me to make Wyatt super hero flash cards because he always wants to know who the bad guys are, who is stronger, who works together, etc....and Wyatt is starting to call bullsh*t on Luke's made up responses.  Oddly enough, it was not on the top of my to-do list.  Molly came to the rescue with an encyclopedia of super heroes!

Checking out his loot from aunt Molly!
Getting a HUGE box in the mail with birthday presents in it was so fun for Wyatt!
Iron man gear in the mail from Nickie & Morgan!

After we got home from San Diego, we had a pizza party with the Janke/Turpen side of the family.  I usually do our birthday parties at our house but I am so glad I decided to do it away this time.  The day of the party, our house was still cluttered with half emptied suitcases and disassembled strollers!

I made his shirt and the cupcake tooth picks the day before the party.  It was definitely not a "Pinterest worthy" party but not bad for last minute!



Practicing "4" for the first time!

Me making him model the shirt I made - I pretty damn proud of it!














Grandma and Papa Tiedeman came to celebrate on Monday.  They picked Wyatt up from school and took him to lunch and to pick out his own birthday present.  Such a big boy!









Cheers to turning 4, my sweet boy!



1 comment:

Wenni Donna said...

Ha-ha! So much fun! Loved the little cupcakes with all the marvel badges. I think I can take up ideas from your post for my son’s birthday party. I have been given instructions by my son that I have to design an event space San Francisco like a superhero movie set.