Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mud Factor!



Well, I survived my first 5k mud/obstacle race AND I actually enjoyed it!  I went into it thinking I am either going to love this or HATE it.  I have the running part of a 5k down, but obstacles!?, now that is a different story.  I am not strong.  Sure, lifting 3 kids all day long has probably given me some arm strength - but not a lot.  I know this because I can not open a single sippy cup or bottle that Luke has screwed the lid on.  EVER.
The Mud Factor was held at Vala's Pumpkin Patch and luckily for me the obstacles were not too arm-challenging.  A few involved climbing up rope or rock-type walls but I managed.  The most difficult part BY FAR was the MUD!!!!  I mean we are talking some serious mud.  Waist high, quick sand mud - and a lot of it.  Overall, I had a great time with a great group of friends and would definitely do another one in the future!  The free beer at the end was a nice touch, too :)

No comments: